Thursday, October 25, 2007

El Loco.

I have been nicknamed El Loco. In large part due to the picture of me in kneeling in front of a Bison to take it's picture. Apparently that's not something that most people do ... maybe because they read the brochure which says to not, under any circumstances, even if your toddler is waddling towards one, or there is a pile of money sitting right beside one, never ever go up to a Bison. Apparently, they will kill you. An animal that averages just under a full English ton in mass, has horns, and the shoulders of the (insert football team here) lineup, just walking into you by accident might hurt. Granted. But he wasn't walking - just to clarify - he was scratching his nether regions on that post, in a very self satisfying sort of way. So, I figured, he'll ether keep at it, or charge me - but the judging from the look of contentment on his face, I thought the choice was pretty clear. It was when he moved away from the post, started scratching in the dirt, and eyeing me sideways, that I quietly excused myself and went back to the suv.

But really. El Loco. That is only two keys away from El Lobo. The Wolf! And I could be being praised for my stalking and hunting techniques, as well as fierce loyalty and shiny coat. Much preferable the the one keystroke difference of El Poco ... the small. no. I'll take Loco. because if you anagram loco, you get Cool. El Cool. or in a french anagram, Le Cool. yep. I've unraveled the nickname for what it really is. Clearly, from an admirer, and not someone commenting on my sanity.

2 comments:

tevans714 said...

You crazy.

tevans714 said...

Oh and yeah, you wanna tell me how you distinguished those aspens from white birches? Because most people, I think, would make that mistake easily.