Thursday, January 31, 2008

Washer and Drier!

And so, on the eve of the day that I had resolutely decided to go out and finally get a roll of quarters - the heavens parted. and out popped a free, full sized, new-to-us, stand alone washer and drier set. From a guy who only lives one floor down in our same building! how crazy is that. yeah for craigslist! Considering that I was on my last ironed dress shirt, last pair of clean undergarments, and while there was still a pile of socks in a box that I moved in with .... I don't think that any pairs currently exist therein.

Basically, this is tho best thing that could possibly have happened to my in terms of general room cleanliness, incentive to do laundry, and ability to follow through on the motivation for Bounty-ful fresh, warm-straight-from-the-drier clothes. Because, the bathroom is right next to my room (bathroom is huge) and the wash/dry were put there (b/c of the hugeness of the bathroomness). hence .... no more excuses. laundry will be vanquished.

I usually like to wait until I have either an all white load, or a load of mixed racial background, before sending it down the dirt gantlet. but the amount of room on my floor that this will free up is awe inspiring.

I, of course, won the debate over who would get to do the first load(s) of laundry. my simple technique of subterfuge was taken exactly as planned. I offered it to whomever would like to do laundry first. Jim accepted the bait. and I congratulated him on his choice to go first. that way, if the person getting rid of the washer had just done a load of carpets, or dirty sneakers, or whatever you put into a washer for the last run when you know you'll never see it again, HE would get to find out for the rest of the apartment on HIS first load. subsequently, I got to do the first three loads through our new laundry facility! :) hurray for seeds of doubt.

on another note - 46 netters are going out to lacal businesses and restaurants today, asking for donations ... think good thoughts about them wanting to help out and donate, and send me food at drop points along the trip so that I eat more than just peanut butter!

security envelopes: $1.79
postage stamps: $18.86
addressing/folding: 3 hours
one good donation: priceless

No comments: