Friday, September 28, 2007

Switchbacks in Nuetral.

More waterfalls.

More Half Dome.

Yosemite will be a good place to come back to with the intention of being serious hikers and backpackers. Some moderate training first could very well be in order. And some real gear. That could be good.

Drive.

Drive.

Kings Canyon at dusk.

Windiest road yet. you see ... you can't really fathom the degree of windiness that these roads exhibit, until you actually drive on them - with a sheer cliff face on one side, a rock wall on the other, and unmarked switchbacks ... unmarked 180 degree turns ... at night, on a road marked for 40 mph, and monkeys throwing stones at you from above.

damn Kings Canyon monkeys.

what drives them to do it?

oh yeah - and this campground has bear boxes and warnings all over too. at least we'd already sorted all the food. and I ate 5 hot dogs for dinner. because everyone else said they were full. and I hate wasting food. and I may die in my sleep from arterial walls bursting. Or a bear eating me ... as I bet I smell like a hot dog now. ... might as well cover myself in honey and go sit on a graham cracker.

No comments: